Eyebrows are the new emphasis of the face. In magazines nowadays, photoshoots, ads and television, the trend right now is beautifully shaped, full and defined eyebrows. Your eyebrows can frame your eyes just like your hair can frame your face. Hence, it is important that you know how to groom and fill in your brows to make your face lifted. Today, I'll teach you some of my eyebrow tips. :)
1. DON'T OVER-PLUCK. - Please put down that tweezer after you have plucked the stray hairs off your eyebrows! There is nothing pretty about over-tweezed brows.
2. FAKE IT WITH CONCEALER. - If you can't go to the threading/waxing salon because of some reason, and you can't stand going somewhere without having perfect brows, go ahead and dab concealer on parts with stray hairs!
3. KNOW YOUR FACE SHAPE. - Your face shape will determine the shape of your brows. Like if you have a round face, your eyebrows should have a higher "arch" to make it look slimmer. And if you have sharper features and angles, you can probably lower or soften your eyebrow arch.
4. SYMMETRY IS IMPORTANT. - Of course, you'd want your eyebrows to look alike. But remember this: "Your eyebrows should look like sisters, not twins."--some old eyebrow proverb
5. PRACTICE. - With practice, you can do anything better. You can practice using different tools and products that would suit your eyebrows. Start with eyebrow pencils, powders and gels--whatever works for your unique brow shape!
Here's a quick tutorial on how to shape your brows:
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
*Keep in mind that there are different eyebrow shapes. There is no one specific brow shape for all of us! In the end, it all boils down to personal preference for the look that you are going for.
*Symmetrical brows do not exist. Makeup and grooming just creates the illusion of having them.
*If you are having a hard time shaping and filling in your brows...you can even buy eyebrow stencils to make your life easier! :)
Below is a guide to understanding which brow shape is best for each face shape:
|*Image is from the Moonberry Blog|
Let's face it, your brows can make or break your entire look. Choosing the right shape can also be flattering and can help create the illusion of a slimmer face. Always remember these tips and just have fun with it. Watch out for my next blog post because it will be about how to fill in eyebrows. Can't wait to post it! >_<